Comprehensive Coordination Of All Engineering Systems
The scheme at Cambridge Biomedical Campus consists of a three-story laboratory building and a four-story office building, connected by an atrium link. The building will provide approximately 100,000 sq.ft. of office and laboratory space and will be occupied by the life science research tools group Abcam. The new site will allow Abcam to combine it’s three current facilities in Cambridge into one new state-of-the-art global headquarters.
We received Stage 3 project information and drawings from MEP contractors and our tasks were:
- optimization of design solutions to suit the latest architecture
- coordination of all MEP systems with architectural and structural models
- standardization engineering components for quick installation
- first class Stage 5 construction drawings
- fill the model with a custom database according to BEP
- technical support
What we did:
We used the whole arsenal of modern software to achieve the highest design results.
- Revit for modelling engineering systems
- BIM360 platform for quick turnaround of information
- Navisworks for detailed coordination
- BIMCollab for clash monitoring
- Aconex for document control
- Dynamo plugins allowed us decrease modeling and drawing development time which saves client’s money
- Visual 3D analyze in Revizto helped us to check the egonomics of all systems and feel the installation process.
Karno Energy team developed the BIM models and associated BIM asset data which allowed facilitate the construction process and save construction time.